We meet. We greet. We learn.
We love to meet new clients. It is our opportunity to get to know who you are, understand your business and become partners in a project.
During the discovery phase, we spend time talking about the “whys” of your project, not just the “whats” and “whens”. Understanding your motivations for pursuing a goal helps us understand better how we can be a part of getting you to that goal.
Click to see questions we ask during discovery.
- Do you have a domain name?
- If not, do you have ideas on one you might like to have?
- If so, what is it?
- Do you want your entire company name to appear on the website, logo, and graphics?
- Do you have special features in mind like an ECommerce shopping cart, blog, RSS, email responses to requests, Newsletter signup, advertising landing/call-to-action pages, etc.?
We sketch. We diagram. We define.
The design phase is about establishing the framework of your project. It is where we talk about things like the flow of information, user experience and the projected lifetime of the product we will hand you at the end of the process. The end result of the design phase is a blueprint that we can use to construct the solution to your problem.
Click to see questions we ask in the design phase.
- Who is your intended audience? Are they regional, industry specific, company size specific, etc.?
- What are your website expectations, main emphasis and primary goals – increased sales, increased leads, etc.? Please prioritize.
- What company properties do you want to emphasize on the website? Please prioritize.
- Do you already have a logo and other graphics to be used? If not, do you want to have one created?
- How do you plan to market the website?
- Do you have existing business cards or other printed material we need to match?
- What keywords do you want to be found by in the search engines?
- Please provide a list of websites that you like and don’t like. Why do you or do you not like these sites?
- Please provide a list of competitors websites.
- Do you have ideas of the colors to be used, and colors you don’t like? Please provide example sites.
- Do you have an intended website screen size – 1024×768, 800×600, or stretch to the entire width of the screen?
We hammer. We glue. We smooth.
This is where we gather the crew and hand them the blueprints. We go over structure and form and make sure that everyone knows the plan, the timeline and the end goal. We measure twice and cut once to bring vision into reality where it can be touched and tested and proven to be the solution you sought from us.
Click to see questions we ask in the build phase.
Once we start designing the website we’ll need the following (Note that this information will be kept in strict confidence):
- FTP access information – username and password
- Hosting company and their tech support phone number
We push. We prod. We bend.
Great products come from great testing. Each of our solutions is put through an array of tests – user experience tests, logic and accuracy tests, load tests, to name a few. Through this testing we find the rough spots where customers might stumble or hesitate. We buff and polish the spots until all you get is smooth shine, the kind that turns heads and makes people stop for a second look. Then we let you try it out.
We explain. We instruct. We answer.
No product is successful unless its purchaser knows what it can do and how to make the product do it. We document processes and procedures and we walk you through them to make sure they are understandable and sustainable through turnover or tumultuous times. We make sure you know all that you want to know about what your product does and how it does it.
We celebrate. We revel. We congratulate.
When the work is done, we like to take a moment to raise a glass and toast the success of our partnership and the future of your company and ours. Hard work and a job completed to the best of our abilities deserves a party and we can throw a good one. Join us!